Performs maintenance and repair on turret electronics, hydraulics, instruments, and sighting systems on the family of Light Armored Vehicles in support of the Ministry of the National Guard. Provides technical assistance in maintenance to the Ministry of the National Guard personnel. Performs inspections, maintenance, and “New Equipment Training” support.
1. Repairs and adjusts hydraulic and mechanical systems; adjusts breech and firing mechanisms; services recoil mechanisms. Applies diagnostic and troubleshooting techniques to determine cause(s) of malfunctions.
2. Repairs turret electronic systems.
3. Identifies and submits required documents for repair part(s) requests.
4. Maintains records, prepares and submits required reports, possibly interfacing often with the Production Control Section.
5. Monitors, assigns and supervises Section workflow under the direction of the Weapons Maintenance Unit Training Section Chief.
6. Provides technical assistance to the Ministry of the National Guard units, as required.
7. Able to operate Direct Support and General Support specific test and diagnostic equipment related to electronic components.
8. Trouble shoots and repairs equipment, such as Direct Support Electrical Systems Test Sets, General Purpose Interface Assemblies, and Specialized Test Equipment.
9. Performs other duties as required.
B. Independence: Acts under the general supervision of the Acts under the general supervision of Weapons Maintenance Unit Training Section Chief.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: Up to 2 Assistant Armament Trainers and/or up to three (3) Assistant Armament Repairers.
A. Education Level: High School graduate. Military technical training or equivalent civilian experience in armament systems maintenance and repair.
B. Experience: A minimum of 6 years’ experience in armament systems repair or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
C. Specific knowledge, skills, abilities and requirements: Knowledge of logistics management policies, principles, techniques and procedures. Must possess a valid US driving license and be capable of obtaining a KSA driver’s license.