Responsible for providing LAV-25 Instructor/Operator (I/O) training advice, assistance, and techniques in the integration and implementation of the LAV-25 Advanced Gunnery Training System (AGTS) operations and activities MNG wide. Assists in the development of fire control and distribution techniques and unit operational procedures. Provides advice and assistance to Contractor Trainers, OPM Advisors, and MNG units on simulators.
1. Provide guidance to training crews on the proper utilization of the LAV-25 AGTS basic, advanced and sustainment training programs.
2. Coach, teach and mentor individual crews how to effectively use gunnery and tactical simulators to meet training goals.
3. Provides tactical and technical assistance to MNG Commanders and Operations Officers during training.
4. Provides training and evaluation as the Instructor/Operator (I/O) during training sessions with MNG crews and sections.
5. Assists in the development of MNG Professional Development Courses.
6. Assists Simulations Division with all simulators/simulations.
7. Performs other mission and administrative duties as assigned.
B. Independence: Works under the supervision of the Senior Trainer, LAV-25 AGTS.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: One (1) Interpreter/Translator (I/T).
A. Education Level: High School graduate. Graduate of an intermediate level U.S. Military service school.
B. Experience: Five (5) years Tank/Bradley gunnery experience preferred. AGTS/UCOFT Instructor/Operator (I/O) Certified. Experience in training simulators desirable.
C. Specific Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements: Knowledgeable of current tactics and gunnery training doctrine. Knowledge of gunnery training programs and gunnery training simulators/devices. Knowledgeable of the latest tactics, training, and operations doctrine desired, but not required. Knowledgeable of battle staff training exercises, constructive simulations, observer/controller training, and after-action review development and presentation desired, but not required. Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing, read and understand technical and training manuals. Must have the ability to deal effectively with people, to include foreign nationals.
D. Other Specific Requirements: Former Noncommissioned Officer. Possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and computer literate.