Provides and performs turret training and assistance in the maintenance and repairs of Ministry of the National Guard (MNG) Light Armored Vehicle (LAV) turret systems. Provides formal LAV turret system training to Contractor, Office of the Program Manager (OPM), and Ministry National Guard (MNG) personnel. Assists in the development and execution of Equipment Training programs. Supports other Maintenance Sustainment Training Section (MSTS) missions as direct.
1. Trains unit turret mechanics in diagnostic and troubleshooting techniques to determine cause or causes of equipment malfunctions on the LAV Family of vehicles (FOV) turrets.
2. Teaches turret mechanics to use technical manuals and follow proper troubleshooting procedures.
3. Trains turret mechanics on repairs and adjustments to turret electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems.
4. Trains mechanics in the operation, inspection, adjustments and maintenance of turret sights.
5. Trains Crew and Operators (OP), Organizational (ORG) and Direct Support (DS) mechanics in proper Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) of the LAV FOV turrets.
6. Trains Crew members, ORG, and DS mechanics on Pre-Fire Checks.
7. Teaches Mechanics in the proper use of tools and Test, Measurement, and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE).
8. Teaches mechanics to identify unserviceable parts, properly use MNG Technical Parts Manuals and to requisition the correct repair parts.
9. Trains MNG mechanics to properly determine the level of maintenance when accepting job orders.
10. Train mechanics to properly inspect equipment and submit/receive equipment for repair; Quality Assurance/ Quality Control (QA/QC).
11. Trains mechanics in proper use of MNG maintenance forms.
12. Provides technical assistance, instruction and guidance to MNG units, as required.
13. Performs other duties as required.
B. Independence: Works under the general guidance of the Chief Logistics, Logistics Sustainment Training Section (LSTS) or as directed.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: Responsible for one (1) Assistance Trainer, Turret.
A. Education Level: High School graduate. Military Technical Training in turret, sights and weapons systems repair.
B. Experience: A minimum of five (5) years hands on experience in turret, sights and weapons systems repair at the Organization and Direct Support level. Former maintenance Warrant Officer or Senior NCO preferred.
C. Specific knowledge, skill, ability, and requirement: Knowledge of policies, principles and techniques of Turret maintenance and repair, with a knowledge of safety required precautions. Fully knowledgeable in the use of TMDE equipment and troubleshooting procedures. Knowledge of automated maintenance and supply systems. Experienced in Microsoft office applications. Possess a valid driver's license.