Supervise the automotive maintenance of Special Brigade equipment and the conduct of automotive maintenance training.
1. Coordinates with Brigade Maintenance Officer on all automotive maintenance and training activities in SBS.
2. Coordinates with the Manager, MOB and OPM Brigade Advisor on matters related to automotive maintenance activities and training.
3. Designs and executes automotive maintenance operations and training programs.
4. Provides technical assistance to shop personnel.
5. Prepares and submits reports as required.
6. Forecast tool and equipment requirements; performs safety inspections.
7. Responsible for the quality of the service or product-in-process under his supervision, in accordance with approved plans, SOPs, and standards.
8. Receipts and accounts for all property allocated to the SBS.
B. Independence: Acts under the general supervision of the Chief Supervisor, SBS.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: Twelve (12) personnel.
A. Edcation Level: High School. Technical training in automotive maintenance at the DS level. U.S. Army commercial vehicle training a plus.
B. Experience: Five (5) years supervisory experience in military automotive equipment repair at the DS level or equivalent with a major civilian repair facility. Must have had assignments utilizing automation for management of a military designed supply or maintenance data base with sufficient experience to facilitate prompt qualification on MNG software.
C. Specific knowledge, skill, ability requirement: Must be familiar with automotive test equipment such as engine analyzer, front end alignment machine and other automotive repair equipment. Ability to manage personnel and material assets. Ability to control and supervise multiple, concurrent projects. Must possess a valid driver’s license.