Provides advice and assistance to the battalion/brigade S-1/S-4 and/or HHC Commander. Prepares and conducts training assistance programs in the area of Sustainment. Ensure that all training complies with MNG Doctrine and train full spectrum.
1. Mentor/Train BN/BDE logistical personnel in understanding sustainment operations.
2. Prepares and conducts Sustainment training assistance programs.
3. Assists in Sustainment lesson outline development as SME at the BN/BDE level.
4. Prepares and submits training reports and requests.
5. Reviews Sustainment publications for accuracy/applicability to SANG use.
6. Guides, coaches and assists in the train up and preparation phases of a unit’s FTX/STX/CPXs.
7. Provides Sustainment training and Observer Controller (training and execution) assistance to SANG units participating in training exercises.
8. Plans, prepares, executes and assesses individual and collective personnel and logistical training using MILES exercises.
9. Assists in the conduct of OPD, NCOPD, and MDMP (Sustainment focused) training.
10. Be familiar and proficient Modern Environment Doctrine.
11. Be knowledgeable of War Fighting Functions (WFF).
12. Perform other duties as required.
B. Independence: Performs his duties under the general supervision of the BN Team Chief
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises up to ten US Trainers and Interpreter/Translators.
A. Educational Level: CCC or equivalent required (with successful Company Command); Command and General Staff College/ILE graduate preferred. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
B. Experience: Ten (10) years’ experience in specialty area of US military Sustainment/Admin training programs, field operations, and leader development. Related battalion, brigade, or division Sustainment or equivalent staff experience. Previous NTC and battle staff experience preferred. Former Company Grade officer required; Field Grade officer preferred.
C. Specific knowledge, skills, and ability requirements: Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Be knowledgeable of US military Sustainment doctrine. Possess the ability to interact with US and foreign military officials and US. Be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and related programs. Possess a valid U.S. driver’s license.