Responsible for providing evaluation, advice and assistance to Brigade/Battalion CDR/S-3s and assists in the planning, scheduling and coordination of brigade/battalion field training exercises. Ensure that all training complies with MNG Doctrine and train full spectrum operations and provides a Combat Training Center-like environment. Supervise all personnel in Operations Group Stallion.
1. Mentor and Train Brigade and Battalion S3/CDR in coordinating assets for FTXs/STXs.
2. Plans, prepares, executes and assesses maneuver and staff training: act as Exercise Director and/or Brigade Commander Mentor/Trainer.
3. Assists Brigade and Battalion S3s with the train up and preparation phases of FTX/STXs, and Training and Evaluation Programs.
4. Plans, prepares and executes Training plans, status reports, and communications and battle rosters.
5. Provides training and assistance to officers and NCOs, ensuring they can accomplish tactical leader tasks.
6. Mentor and Train Brigade and Battalion S3s in training management.
7. Assists Brigade and Battalion S3s in constructing training plans.
8. Maintains and updates Observer/Controller Training Programs.
9. Monitor all members of your section makings sure of their proficiency and able to performed assigned task.
10. Be accountable for all assigned personnel and equipment.
11. Possess knowledge in the Military Decision-Making Process (MDMP).
12. Be knowledgeable of the Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System (MILES)
13. Be knowledgeable of War Fighting Functions (WFF).
14. Be able to assist in OPFOR Tactics, Techniques, and Procedure; Supervise OPFOR Section
15. Be able to make sound decisions with little guidance or instructions.
16. Possess the ability work well with higher-grade officers to include those at the General level.
17. Be able to create and execute high-level briefings.
18. Be proficient in Computer Assisted Command Post Exercises (CPX)
19. Be knowledgeable of Observer/Controller (O/C) duties to include conducting official classroom work and presentation.
20. Be skilled in Battle Staff Training (BST) at all levels.
21. Be familiar and proficient with the Modern Environment (ME) Doctrine.
22. Performs other duties as assigned.
B. Independence: Works under supervision of the Manager, Battle Staff and Exercise Branch.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: Up to 80 U.S. Trainers, and 80 Interpreter/Translator; must be capable of independent planning and execution.
A. Education Level: CGSC/ILE graduate required; SSC graduate preferred. Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
B. Experience: Twenty (20) years training and operations experience with Maneuver Units at battalion, brigade, or division level, Mech/Armor experience preferred. Must have participated in the development, execution and evaluation of battalion/brigade/division force-on-force field training exercises and live fire exercises. Previous CTC or operational deployment experience preferred. Former US Army or Marine Corps 0-5 required/O-6 preferred. Former Battalion Commander Required.
C. Specific knowledge, skill, ability, and requirements: Must be knowledgeable of the latest tactics, training and full spectrum operations doctrine. Previous experience with foreign military, especially in an advisory role, preferred. Ability to work in and adjust to the customs and courtesies of the Host Nation Country. Be computer literate: Windows XP, Vista, MS Office 2003, 2007. Possess a valid driver’s license.