II. BASIC FUNCTIONS
Responsible for providing evaluation, advice and assistance to the Brigade & Battalion Signal Officers with emphasis on Communication/Signal matters and assists in the training of the communication personnel within the Brigade.
III. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coach and Mentor the brigade and battalion communication personnel concerning communication and signal matters.
2. Assist in training the communication chiefs and personnel within the brigade in planning for and executing both garrison and field maintenance operations.
3. Evaluates the Brigade in planning and executing Battalion/Company/Platoon communication training.
4. Provides follow up inspections and coordinate retraining in maintenance and repair parts operations in accordance with MNG regulations and units SOPs.
5. Coach & mentor Battalion and or Brigade signal officer in planning, preparation, execution, and assessing unit communication operations.
6. Performs other tasks as required.
B. Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises one Linguistics Specialist.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A. Education Level: Warrant Officer School Graduate or Non-Commission Officers Leaders Course Graduate. College level courses, military and job site experience may be substituted.
B. Experience: Five years’ experience in a combat or combat support unit performing duties directly relating to communication /signal operations. General understanding and background in communication operations at the Battalion level or higher.
C. Specific knowledge, skill, and ability, requirements: Knowledge of policies, principles, and procedures of all signal/communication operations. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Be computer literate. Possess a valid driver's license. Former Warrant Officer/ Non-Commissioned Officer.