Performs duties as an aircraft Electrician. Performs unit level aircraft electrical, navigational and avionics repair maintenance on aircraft electrical components. Performs maintenance on the electrical components associated with the aircraft using the specific aircraft Operators Manual, Maintenance Test Flight Manual, aircraft Check List Manual, and any customer or specific directives. Diagnoses and repairs aircraft systems and component malfunctions including solid state and transistorized devices according to the appropriate technical manuals, directives and safety procedures. Uses common measuring tools necessary for performing the tasks described herein, precision measuring tools and alignment fixtures. Performs aircraft electrical systems operational checks. Test, troubleshoots, and repair aircraft electrical systems test sets and diagnostic equipment. Assist Customer in the requisition and maintenance of Shop and Bench stock items for repair of aircraft avionics systems, and avionics instruments. Uses and performs operator maintenance on common and special tools, AGSE and PGSE. Prepares aircraft maintenance forms and records. Ensures that all related operations are conducted in a safe manner.
1. Ensures that aircraft electrical maintenance functional activities and procedures among designated organizations are planned, coordinated, integrated, and synchronized to achieve established platform operational readiness (OR) rates IAW contractual requirements.
2. Responsible for the compliance with established maintenance systems, processes, procedures and reports that provide immediate situational awareness of platform OR rates.
3. Establishes daily aircraft electrical maintenance operational goals, objectives and priorities for implementation in-order to achieve stated OR rates.
4. Oversees the daily aircraft electrical maintenance management of individually assigned aircraft in support of the Production Control (PC) Manager, in conjunction with the Aviation Logistics for related platform parts and spares.
5. Works within the maintenance quality control processes, procedures, and standards.
6. Directs inquires, investigations, and research analysis related to aviation electrical maintenance of the aircraft and supporting maintenance activities to the PC Manager.
7. Coordinates activities and requirements for maintenance operations support with the PC Manager.
8. Coordinates through Production Control for daily and weekly maintenance training activities.
9. In coordination with the PC and Flight Operations Managers, supports the Downed Aircraft Recovery Team (DART) processes and procedures.
10. Other tasks as directed by
B. Independence: Performs within the broad guidelines of duties and responsibilities with significant choice of methods. Authority to select and implement goals and objectives within the execution of duties and responsibilities.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: As assigned.
Education Level Requirements:
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Certifications, and Ability Requirements:
Desired/Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience: