Functions as an Electrical/Avionics/Armament/Fire Control/Aircraft Survivability Equipment (ASE) Technician on the AH64E and AH-6i helicopter. Responsible for the maintenance being performed on the armament/fire control/weapons systems and electrical/avionics components using, Operators Manual, Maintenance Manuals, and other customer directives. Diagnoses and repairs aircraft systems and components malfunctions including solid state and transistorized devices according to the appropriate technical manuals, directives and safety procedures. Performs aircraft maintenance actions, authorized modifications and alignment of AH-64E, AH-6i weapons components, fire control, electronic and mechanical devices, and instruments. Uses common measuring tools necessary for performing the tasks described herein, precision measuring tools and alignment fixtures. Handles AH-64E, AH-6i aircraft ammunitions, performs weapon system loading/unloading, arming and de-arming, and weapon subsystems configuration changes for all AH-64E, AH-6i weapons and fire control systems. Performs aircraft systems operational checks. Test, troubleshoots, and repair aircraft systems test sets and diagnostic equipment. Assist, customer in the requisition and maintenance of Shop and Bench stock items required to support the maintenance effort of this section. Uses and performs operator maintenance on common and special tools, AGSE and PGSE. Additionally, Prepares aircraft maintenance forms and records (automated). Conducts MNG OJT as required. Ensure all related operations are conducted in a safe manner.
1. Ensure all Attack/Scout Battalion, Electrical/Avionics/Armament/Fire Control/Aircraft Survivability Equipment (ASE) maintenance functional activities and procedures are planned, coordinated, integrated, and synchronized to achieve established platform operational readiness (OR) rates IAW contractual requirements.
2. Responsible for compliance with established maintenance systems, processes, procedures and reports that provide immediate situational awareness of platform OR rates.
3. Assist the Production Control (PC) Manager to establish daily maintenance operational goals, objectives, and priorities for implementation, in-order to achieve stated OR rates.
4. Oversees the daily Electrical/Avionics/Armament/Fire Control/Aircraft Survivability Equipment (ASE) maintenance management of individually assigned aircraft in support of the PC Manager, in conjunction with Aviation Logistics for related platform parts and spares.
5. Works within the maintenance quality control processes, procedures, and standards.
6. Directs inquires, investigations, and research analysis related to aviation maintenance of the aircraft and supporting maintenance activities to the PC Manager.
7. Coordinates with management for daily and weekly maintenance training activities.
8. Supports the Downed Aircraft Recovery Team (DART) processes and procedures in coordination with the PC Manager.
9. Other tasks as directed by the PC Manager.
B. Independence: Performs within the broad guidelines of duties and responsibilities with significant choice of methods. Retains the authority to select and implement goals and objectives within the execution of duties and responsibilities.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: As assigned.
Education Level Requirements:
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Certifications, and Ability Requirements:
Desired/Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience: