Assists in the management of staff and unit training support plus exercise support for MNG units with emphasis in Intelligence. Assists in the planning, coordination and supervision of collective training support for brigades undergoing modernization, five (5) MNG infantry brigades, MNG Sector HQs, and NGMS. Assists in the planning, coordination and execution of field training exercises, command post exercises, OPFOR Training, and Battle Staff Training. Assists in planning and implementing of training for MNG in all aspects of DOTMLPF.
1. Assists in the planning, preparation, coordination, supervision and execution of Battle Staff & Exercise Branch programs approved and directed by OPM with emphasis in Military Intelligence.
2. Assists in the planning and coordination in concert with OPM, collective training assessment of MNG units.
3. Assists in training publication development as SME within specialty.
4. Prepares and submits reports, as required.
5. Assists in the preparation of procedures including internal branch training programs which delineate policies and procedures applicable for the conduct of Contractor training assistance efforts.
6. Prepares LTG/OGS Joint Training Plans, as required.
7. Identifies, prepares, requests, draws/stores equipment for training activities, as required.
8. Assists in the preparation of plans for upgrading of training in all aspects of DTLOMPF as required.
9. Conducts training in the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP); either platform or small group.
10. Be knowledgeable of all War Fighting Functions (WFF).
11. Assists in the maintenance and updating of the Leader Training Program (LTP).
12. Be prepared to perform as an Observer-Controller / Trainer for Training Exercises.
13. Develops and writes operations plans, orders and graphics. (Special emphasis on Intelligence Products).
14. Prepares, supervises and conducts any training/mission assigned by BSXB Management.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
B. Independence: Performs duties under the general supervision of the Manager Leader Training Group, BSXB. Performs tasks within broad objectives IAW approved doctrine with significant choice of methods to achieve desired results.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises up to twenty-five (25) U.S. Trainers and twenty-five (25) Interpreter/Translators in the conduct of MTTs.
A. Education Level: College graduate with Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred. ILE (CGSC) graduate and minimum Brigade/Battalion Intelligence Planning required.
B. Experience: Intelligence battalion/brigade experience required; former Intelligence Officer required. Minimum of six years Intelligence experience preferred. Experience in Full Spectrum Operations doctrine development, training and/or operations required. Combat Training Center or Operational Deployment experience preferred. Former MAJ or equivalent required; LTC or equivalent preferred.
C. Specific knowledge, skill, and ability, requirements: Has in depth knowledge of tactical Intelligence, Movement and Maneuver and Command and Control. Conversant in training techniques for Full Spectrum Operations. A leader, coach, and mentor who understands training doctrine, policies, procedures, and techniques. Communicates effectively verbally and in writing. MS Windows 10 and MS Office 2010 proficient. Possesses a valid driver’s license.