Provides advice and assistance to the commander and personnel of units designated to perform as the OPFOR. Plans, prepares, coordinates and conducts leadership and tactics training for designated personnel and/or units. Promote knowledge of OPFOR during STX, CPX, FTX, Simulations, and MTTs throughout MNG. Ensure that all training complies with MNG doctrine and train full spectrum operations.
1. Mentor/Train Brigade and Battalion S2/S3s in coordinating battalion OPFOR assets for FTXs/STXs and MTTs.
2. Previous international advisory experience in intelligence, counterinsurgency or operations preferred.
3. Plans, prepare, execute, and assess maneuver and staff training.
4. Assists the brigade battalion S2 & S3s with the train up and preparation phase for the OPFOR mission of FTXs, STXs, SIMs, and MTTs.
5. Assists and guides Brigade and Battalion S-3s in training management and constructing training plans.
6. Receives and accounts for property allocated to the Team.
7. Provides technical guidance to subordinate trainers in the Team.
8. Possess knowledge in the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP).
9. Be knowledgeable of the Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System (MILES).
10. Be knowledgeable of military War Fighting Function (WFF).
11. Be able to create and execute high level briefings.
12. Be skilled in Battle Staff Training (BST)at all levels.
13. Be familiar and proficient with the Modern Environment (ME) doctrine.
14. Prepares and submits training related reports.
15. Conducts and assists with instruction/training.
16. Conducts After Action Review after all training.
17. Develops Operations Orders and Overlays to facilitate tactical scenarios.
18. Conducts platform instruction on ME OPFOR and serving as Intel on Small Group instruction for BST.
19. Performs other duties, as required by the Manager BSXB and OGS.
B. Independence: Performs his duties under the supervision of the Battalion Team Chief / Manager, Operations Group Stallion.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: up to fourteen (14) U.S. Trainers and fifteen (15) Interpreter/Translators.
A. Educational Level: College Graduate, Master’s Degree preferred. CGSC/ILE equivalent required.
B. Experience: Field grade officer required, LTC or equivalent preferred. Fifteen years of training and operation experience in US military in WFF as Maneuver, Intelligence, Special Forces or Civil Affairs at battalion or brigade level. Special emphasis on counter-insurgency and stability operations preferred. Should have participated in the development, execution and evaluation of battalion/brigade force-on-force field training exercises and live fire exercises, preferably as OPFOR preferred. Previous Combat Training Center or operational deployment experience preferred.
C. Specific knowledge, skill, ability, requirements: Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be able to interface with U.S. Army and MNG Officers. Knowledge of current US Army and OPFOR tactics and training doctrine. Previous experience with foreign military, especially in an advisory role, preferred. Ability to work in and adjust to the customs and courtesies of the Host Nation Country. Possess a valid driver’s license. MS Windows 10 and MS Office 2010 proficient.