II. BASIC FUNCTIONS
Responsible for providing evaluation, advice and assistance to the Brigade /S-3 with emphasis on training and intelligence matters and assists in the training of the staffs of the brigade subordinate battalions.
III. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coach and mentor the Brigade and battalion S3’s in developing plans and evaluating all levels of unit gunnery, tactical and sustainment training.
2. Coach and mentor Brigade S3 and his staff concerning the use and integration of training aids, devices, simulators, and simulations into the Brigade Training Plan.
3. Coach and mentor the Brigade and Battalion S3's units in preparing a yearly training guidance calendar.
4. Coach and mentor the Brigade S3 in coordinating brigade resources for training.
5. Coach and mentor the Brigade S3 on tactical training, gunnery training, training management and staff procedures.
6. Coordinates the Brigade’s Battle staff Training Program.
7. Performs other tasks as required.
B. Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises Three Senior Trainer Gunnery/Tactics, three Interpreter Translators, and one Linguistics Specialist.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A. Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree, Armor or Infantry Master Gunner Course Graduate. ANCOC Graduate required. An equivalent combination of college level courses, military and job site experience may be substituted.
B. Experience: Ten years’ operational experience in deployable combat arms units. Recent combat deployment preferred. Six years of training and operations experience at Battalion level or higher. Participated in the development, execution, and evaluation of battalion/brigade force-on-force field training exercises and battalion/brigade gunnery and live fire exercises.
C. Specific knowledge, skill, and ability, requirements: Former Master Gunner, and has a working knowledge of Unit Conduct of Fire Trainer (UCOFT and/or AGTS) and other gunnery training simulators. Must be knowledgeable of the latest tactics, and training doctrine. Be computer literate. Former Senior Non-Commission Officer required. Possess a valid driver’s license.