II. BASIC FUNCTIONS
Train and advise MNG Signal Corps; interfaces with USG, MNG Signal Maintenance and Supply Unit (MSU), Vinnell Arabia, and other MNG units as directed. Promotes standardization and integration of supply procedures and facilitates the implementation of a MNG Automated Logistics System (ALS) to replace manual records and processes. Provide users and management training on ALS functions and procedures.
III. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Train and guide MSU in the determination of MNG Signal maintenance supply requirements, coordinates requirements with the USG, maintain in transit visibility and upon receipt, facilitate the transfer of Signal items to the MSU.
2. Train and guide MSU in developing materiel management procedures, and readiness reporting procedures.
3. Train and guide the efforts of developing Standard Operating Procedures on warehouse management.
4. Train and guide MSU in catalog management procedures, and how to establish and maintain stockage levels.
5. Train and guide MSU in attaining an acceptable level of quality data input to ALS, by providing management reviews utilizing both routine and special ALS generated reports.(When automation system is available)
6. Provide guidance and develop recommended solutions to address MNG Signal units repair parts and LRU resource shortfalls.
7. Travel to east and western sectors as directed by OPM MNG Signal Advisor; primary job site at MNG MSU.
B. Independence: Operates under the general supervision of the Manager, Signal Supply Training Section.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises one assistant trainer/interpreter.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A. Education Level: Associates degree desired. Graduate of Advanced NCO Course; equivalent civilian or military experience may be substituted for education and formal military training.
B. Experience: Minimum of five (5) years experience in U.S. Military materiel management or related fields, including automated accounting and supply procedures, and storage operations. Preferred Quartermaster Senior NCO. Equivalent civilian experience may be acceptable.
C. Specific knowledge, skill, ability, requirements: Must possess knowledge of automated data base management and associated processes. Must be MS Office proficient. Must possess a valid driving license.