II. BASIC FUNCTIONS
Subject Matter Expert (SME) Mentor Trainer (M/T) to company level officers, non-commissioned officers, and soldiers. Mentors and trains battalion/brigade medical platoon leaders and/or Headquarters Company personnel to include its commanders on medical platoon/medical augmentation operations, to include the development of the combat health support plan for the unit. Plans, develops, and facilitates logistics-supply-support training for Ministry of National Guard company level support unit. Assists the Team Chief as required. Ensures that all training complies with MNG Doctrine and train in full spectrum operations.
III. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Mentor/Train battalion medical personnel in understanding medical operations and the combat health support plan.
2. Develops and facilitates medical training assistance programs.
3. Reviews and becomes familiar with the supply and maintenance procedures of MNG units.
4. Develops programs of instruction, lesson plans, and other products to facilitate combat health support operations and leader development.
5. Prepares and submits training reports and requests.
6. Reviews Medical publications for accuracy and applicability to MNG units.
7. Mentors, trains, and assists in the preparation and train-up phases of a unit’s FTX/STX/CPXs.
8. Provides Medical training and Observer Controller-Trainer (training and execution) assistance to MNG units participating in training exercises.
9. Plans, prepares, executes, and assesses individual and collective medical training using MILES exercises.
10. Coaches and mentors the operations order process at the company level from a combat health support perspective. Familiar with the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP.)
11. Familiar with the structure and operations of medical platoons and medical sections. Be able to mentor and mentor units on these concepts.
12. Perform other duties as required.
B. Independence: Performs his duties under the general supervision of the Team Chief (Recon), Specialty Training Team.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: 1 x Interpreter/Translator.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A. Educational Level: CCC or equivalent required (with successful Company Command); Command and General Staff College/ILE graduate preferred. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
B. Experience: Six years’ experience in specialty area of US military Medical training programs, field operations, and leader development. Related battalion or brigade, or medical staff experience preferred. Previous Combat Training Center and battle staff experience preferred. Former Company Grade officer required; Field Grade officer preferred.
C. Specific knowledge, skills, and ability requirements: Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Be knowledgeable of US military Sustainment doctrine. Possess the ability to interact with foreign military officials and US. Be proficient with Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2016 and related programs. Possess a valid U.S. driver’s license.