Strategic planning is the process of setting a vision for a company and then realizing that vision through small, achievable goals. Prospective candidates for this position must be able to formulate strategies and suggest changes or improvements to current business plans, policies, and procedures. Able to generate feasible recommendations to the management on how to optimize near-term growth while establishing the long-term direction of our company. Assess the company’s environment and resources, defining the mission and vision, identifying priorities and objectives. Strategic Planner develops business plans that support and introduce solutions for key issues that impact the company and its workforce. In conjunction with Vinnell Leadership/Directors he conducts organizational reviews to identify strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities. Evaluates the operational effectiveness of the entire workforce, focused on contract growth opportunities.
1. Provides support to the Director of Operations (DOO), performing market-analysis and monitoring industry trends, identifies and assesses strategic issues, facilitates strategic discussion, and manages strategic initiatives.
2. Develops and matures key aspects of Vinnell’ s business growth strategy, works to position the company for success as well as internal and external expansion.
3. Collaborates with the DOO team to define project objectives, sets key performance metrics, and establishes project milestone criteria.
4. Conducts research, stakeholder interviews, brainstorming sessions and functionality workshops.
5. Performs competitive analysis focused on identifying gaps and opportunities within the current contract as well as adjacent market-space.
6. Assembles strategic insights into presentation materials.
7. Keeps abreast of emerging behaviors, technologies, and companies that may have interest in this market-space.
8. Act as an internal resource, championing Vinnell’s performance / value proposition to the customer.
9. Selects appropriate frameworks, tools and approaches to use in solving business growth problems.
10. Demonstrates domain knowledge and expertise in a range of skills, such as business model development, financial modeling, product portfolio planning, organizational strategy, channel and go-to-market models, customer / market research etc.
11. Manages consulting subcontracts.
A. Education Level:
C. Specific knowledge, skills, ability: